Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crustless Chicken Quiche

I think perhaps the worst part about me not keeping up with my blog as often as I would like to, is that I lose a lot of the great stories that go along with the recipes.  This unfortunately, is one of those examples.  I decided to do a crustless quiche and wanted something that would have protein and veggies. I don't even remember what I served it with or why I went with the chicken, but here it is.  

Like most other quiches, its a great recipe to throw together after work or even the day before and then throw in the oven while doing other things.  

photo.JPG


Crustless Chicken and Veggie Quiche
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
1/2 c fresh spinach, chopped
5 stalks asparagus, chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
Melt butter in a skillet.  Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.  Add garlic and veggies, saute until slightly crisp. Continue cooking for about a minute.  Remove from heat and set aside.
Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl.  Add milk and whisk well.  Stir in onion mixture, chicken, broccoli and cheese.  Pour into pie plate.  Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment