Monday, January 14, 2013

Plyometrics - The Reason Behind My Starvation




I've been working with my trainer now for several weeks - and I can say that I have DEFINITELY lost inches, and while I've only lost 5lbs to date, that's not bad for someone my frame. What's the secret you ask of someone who despite her blog posts eats relatively healthy and is a gym fanatic? Plyometrics. I look like an absolute idiot doing them, but I can honestly say that this was the kick (no pun intended) that I needed.  Plyometrics are a type of training that involves quick, powerful movements which in turn improves the way the nervous system works as well as improves overall performance.  The whole premise is that one can achieve the the strongest muscle contraction in the shortest amount of time - this will increase the amount of calories burned and train the muscles differently than regular workouts. It creates more power, stamina and quickness in any athlete.  It helps to strengthen, lengthen and tone and that's exactly what I've found it to do! Overall it's increased my metabolic rate so I find myself more hungry but that's a GOOD thing, it means that the calories I burn day to day are more than I used to. I've got a few more weeks of this - hoping for that last few LBs to "jump" off 

No comments:

Post a Comment