Monday, July 29, 2013

Gluttonous Crack Bread

Why in the world is this called "crack bread"? Is it because the recipe requires one to make slits in the bread and then FILL the CRACKS with the ooey, gooey goodness? Or is it because its so delicious...that's it's as addictive as crack?  While I'm not a crack addict, I can say that I think this is named for both reasons. I wanted to find something that was quick and easy to bring to a party since I had two parties to go to that day.  It has all the comfort favorites - ranch, sourdough, cheese, bacon..yumm, yumm yumm.  I think perhaps the most difficult part about this whole recipe is not eating it as soon as it comes out of the oven :).  I ended up adding a little more cheese than the recipe called for because, let's be serious, more cheese = more delicious. 

Ingredients
Adapted from Tastebook

  • 1 Unsliced loaf Sourdough bread
  • 10 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (can also use shredded but it gets messy!)
  • 3 oz Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread into squares being careful not to cut all the way through.  Sprinkle bacon bits into the cracks, stuff slices of cheese in between bread slices. Mix ran dressing with melted butter and pour generously all over bread, ensuring it reaches the crevasses.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. 

If you really want to be over indulgent, you can serve this with some buttermilk ranch dressing to dip :) 

***PICTURE TO COME! Its on my old phone and I haven't transferred everything 


No comments:

Post a Comment