Sunday, January 26, 2014

Primal Sweet Potato Hash


I love hash. Ok, that sounded bad. Let me try again, I love food hash (I don't know that that's any better ,but oh well). Corned beef hash, sweet potato hash, sausage hash, hash with eggs, hash with cheese, hash in a skillet.  In an effort to keep things simple and interesting while dabbling in more primal eating, I opted for a Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs for dinner one night.  I liked this dish because the hash itself could be made ahead of time, and reheated in a skillet when ready to be served.  I served Steve's with scrambled eggs, which are usually my egg of choice as well, but opted for a fried egg for myself.  Breaking the yolk into the hash really adds to the flavor and texture and I would highly recommend serving with the latter.  

Sweet Potato Hash 

2 TBSP Coconut Oil
2 Fresco Buffalo Chicken Sausages, skin removed and crumbled
6 Pieces of Bacon, chopped
2 Small Orange Peppers
1 Medium Onion, diced
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes or 3 cups, peeled and diced small
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
Garlic, salt and pepper to taste

In large fry pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat.  Add in onions, bacon, sausage and orange peppers. Once bacon is crisp and sausage is cooked all the way through, add sweet potatoes allowing to cook on one side for several minutes until softened and browned, and then flipping to brown the other side.  Season with garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder.  

Remove from heat, cook eggs as desired and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment