Monday, August 12, 2013

Greek Chicken

I feel like I belong somewhere in the Mediterranean area.  I absolutely adore the food and the culture, the sites, the waters - #takemethere.  Beside the point, Greek Yogurt - how does it get it's name anyways? What's so "Greek" about it? Does it scream "Opa!" when you peel back the foil? Does it throw the bowl on the floor once it's empty? Does it have a HUGE wedding? I don't know, but what I do know is that it makes an awesome marinade and some darn good chicken.  

Anytime I mention that we're having anything relatively Mediterranean or Middle Eastern, I know Steve's ears pick right up.  I served this with some rice pilaf and sauteed green beans.  The longer you marinate this dish, the better the outcome.  If you have time, I would highly recommend letting it sit overnight, but you can certainly let it soak for just an hour.  

This time around we happened to have such a late lunch on Sunday, that my chicken had to sit until Tuesday (Meatless Monday's rendered cooking the chicken unthinkable despite Steve's pleas).  Having it sit in the juices all that time was DEFINITELY a great idea and it left the chicken tender and flavorful to the max. 


Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 2 

1 6oz cup of Chobani Plain Yogurt (or any plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt of your choice)
2 Large Chicken Breasts, pounded thinly
1/2 large lemon
1 TBSP Honey
1/4 C Dark Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp World Market Greek Seasoning

Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a large ziplock bag, add yogurt, brown sugar, seasoning and honey.  Mix well, add chicken and allow to marinade. Grill evenly on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment