Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Mustache You a Question, but I'll Shave it for Later

My father in law has had a mustache for as long as any of his kids and probably extended family can remember. In fact, that seems to be the "over 50" Zuniga mantra because almost ALL of Steve's uncles have mustaches.  Rule #1 in this Zuniga household...no mustaches...for either of us...ever.  Welllll, with the exception of mustache cookies of course! For my FIL's birthday, the theme was mustache, as clearly it should have been considering he has spent at least half of his life with one and I of course wanted to be able to play into the theme and opted to make chocolate mustache cookies.  At first, being that I'm crazy, it seemed a great idea to do basic butter cookies and then ice all 70 some-odd of them but I quickly came to my senses and opted for chocolate butter cookies so I could still get the color and the taste, but cut down on some of the craziness. 


The Birthday Boy in his mustache shirt we got! 


The cookies were a HIT.  Steve's Auntie Barb who is the token baker in the family was raving about them  - so I knew I had done well.  She even asked to take some home AND for the recipe. This recipe will be added to my favorites and probably my Christmas cookie archive.  







Me and the Hubby rockin' 'staches




No comments:

Post a Comment