Sunday, September 8, 2013

Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Sweet Potatoes with Buffalo Chicken Burgers

I feel so fancy, and rightfully so.  I not only pulled off a delicious and unique meal, but Steve actually liked it, all of it.  Imagine that.  My picky husband will soon lose that title because he is eating more interesting things every day. Today's feat: goat cheese.  Okay, so I didn't exactly tell him there was goat cheese in there until AFTER I got an "mmmm", but who's counting these days?  I had seen a recipe on Pinterest for these roasted grape and goat cheese sweet potatoes and was immediately intrigued and excited.  What a perfect side dish - not only does one get the punch of healthiness from the sweet potatoes, but the also the added antioxidants of the grapes. My tastebuds and imagination were dancing.  I bought all the stuff to make them last week but didn't get around to it and decided that no matter WHAT happened this week, these sweet potatoes were happenin' with it.  Needless to say, I had also decided that I needed to make something with the ground chicken that was in my freezer since I'm trying this new thing, where I use what I've bought before I buy something new.  Alright, I'm lying, that was my plan last week but I'm never very good at it.


As soon as dinner was served, Steve asked if I had taken a picture of his plate yet because it looked perfect.  Wow - I'm getting spoiled with all of these mmm's and compliments! Woot! Woot! I'll take it! I served my burger without a bun and it was just as delicious.  I contemplated even chopping up the leftover burgers and adding them to make a "dirty rice" of sorts but haven't made it that far yet.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Makes 4 Burgers

1+handful of ground chicken
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1/4 C Breadcrumbs (optional)
1/4 + more to taste Franks Wing Sauce (I opted for the wing sauce over just the hot sauce and would recommend)
1 Medium Onion, minced
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
Tomatoes, lettuce, wing sauce and ranch to serve

Combine ground chicken, ranch dressing mix, wing sauce, onion, parmesan, salt and pepper.  Add breadcrumbs to mixture if texture seems too wet.  Heat oil in skillet.  Form mixture into 4 burger patties.  Cook each side until browned, approximately 10 minutes/side.  Remove from heat and serve with tomatoes, lettuce and extra wing sauce/ranch as desired.


Roasted Grape and Goat Sweet Potatoes
Makes 2 Potatoes
Adapted from: How Sweet It Is

1 C Red Seedless Grapes
1 TBSP Olive Oil
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 1/2TBSP + additional for drizzling Raw Honey
1/4 tsp Cinnamon/Sugar Mix
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
3 oz MontCherie Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Puncture sweet potatoes throughout, place each sweet potato in individual foil and bake approximately 1 hour.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.


Spread grapes onto non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.  Toss to coat.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until grapes start to pop, remove from oven and set aside.

 Cut slit down the middle of the sweet potato, carefully remove the flesh and add to medium bowl.  Add honey, nutmeg, salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon/sugar, and 2 oz of goat cheese.  Stir and spoon back into the potato skins.

  Add grapes top top, drizzle with honey and crumbled goat cheese.  Add back to oven and allow to back 15 minutes or until cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment